19 December 2010

ghiacciolo

Cristian invited us along for a walk up to his land in the hills to see the ghiaccioli Saturday morning. It was a magical hike through a veritable winter wonderland. (I know, I know, terrible cliché . . just couldn't help it.)

snow18
snow9
snow19
snow20
snow21snow7 copy
snow8
snow6
A View of Our Village
snow22snow4

snow5


Along the way he identified birds and plants, pointed out a stream that would be full of crawfish in the spring, explained who from our little village tended what section of land, and even showed us where the porcupine usually hides, though he wasn't there.  He welcomed us to return alone at any time, with permission to ignore the "Private Property" signs.  I'd say that's a nice neighbor, a very nice neighbor indeed.

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Those icicles are amazing. Dangerous looking and beautiful all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big they are! Beautiful winter view, quite dreamy...

    Hugs,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Christmas-y!!! Gorgeous. It's warmed up so much here in Sicily. Today we had to get out of the sun it was so hot.. I feel a pang of nostalgia for icicles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those icicles are SPECTACULAR! I don't think I've ever seen anything like them. Felice Anno Nuovo!

    ReplyDelete