18 March 2014

Our Reading Log

It seems to be a common theme among blogs I read, occasional posts about "what we're reading." Since I'm a bit of a follower...I offer you our list:

Read-Aloud Chapter Books with Young One
Last Read:
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum

Currently Reading:
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Young One loves this book and even asked me to read a bit as she got dressed this morning, but we are both having a hard time keeping up with all of the characters who come in and out of the story. This might not be the best bedtime read-aloud choice.

Next Up:
Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Big fans of DiCamillo, we are fighting over who will read this one to her.

My List
Last Read:
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Everyone should read this book. It's quick, but it will fill your heart. Just do it.

Currently Reading:
Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink (book club)
Desperate times. I don't know that Fink does a good enough job of describing the desperation of the Hurricane Katrina. I don't know that she is supposed to...stick to the facts, journalist ma'am. But really...life is not so easy, so black and white...as was proven by the medical professionals and patients at Memorial. I don't know how much I like this award-winning journalist Fink.

Teach Your Children Well by Madeline Levine
Can I tell you I rushed to the library to find Levine's book after hearing this interview on the radio? I haven't gotten very far into the book yet, but she sure did validate of my beliefs about parenting  in the brief radio interview. Validation is good.

Next Up:
The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer (book club)
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
One Dead in Attic by Chris Rose
I plan to reread this personal account of the first four months following Katrina written by local journalist Chris Rose; you should find time to read it, too.

Richard's List
Last Read:
Thank You for Your Service by David Finkel
Everyone should read this book that explores the untold effects of PTSD.

The Venus Fixers: the Remarkable Story of the Allied Soldiers Who Saved Italy's Art During WWII by Illaria Dagnini Brey

Currently Reading:
Love & War: Twenty Years, Three Presidents, Two Daughters and One Louisiana Home by James Carville and Mary Matalin
He loves Carville and now I think he loves Matalin, too. This one is on my list.

Next Up:
I have no idea.

............................

Have we connected on Goodreads yet?








1 comment:

  1. I'm curious to hear your opinion on The Interestings. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete