07 May 2014

corner view


corner view :: good memories

Louisiana | Summer 2010

Sometimes I wonder if I would be able to hold on to the good memories as well as I do if I hadn't taken up the hobby of photography. I'm sure my daughter reconstructs memories based on images I share with her. For instance,  I am doubtful that she can remember this encounter in the country with her uncle and cousin, but I know that she could spin a believable story about it nonetheless, while convincing herself that she truly remembers it. (I do remember it well because at the time I was thinking that it was a good thing that her father was not present for all that gun business. Emotions ensure lasting memories.)

Sometimes I wonder when I will ever commit to systematically organizing and printing all of those good memories, instead of just random pockets of them.  I know that the images on the external hard drives are useless and will get tossed, or lost, or forgotten, or stolen. But, there they sit.

And then I ask myself:  Does the cobbler's son ever have a nice pair of shoes? I think not! 

Wait...what?  
I don't even know what I'm rambling about here...
Thanks for reading, nonetheless.


Corner View is a weekly appointment shared by people around the globe, an appointment started in the spring of 2009 by Jane in Spain and currently hosted by Francesca over at Fuori Borgo. We welcome you to join us.









 


1 comment:

  1. I have been using blurb! The books are priceless !!!

    ReplyDelete