- La Befana delivered the stocking full of candy to our house last night; my daughter could care less about the candy.
- I'm giving up chocolate for Lent. I haven't given up anything for Lent in nearly 20 years; this feels like a good year to start again. Do we even still do that?
- I actually enjoyed every single moment of a recent visit from family members, but I am totally drained as a result of said visit.
- My Christmas tree is still standing proudly in the corner of my living room, fully decorated.
- Hope to watch Julie & Julia this weekend. Santa brought me the cookbook. You know the one.
- Plan to read more young adult fiction this year -- even made it part of an official professional growth plan. Kinda makes sense for a school librarian. . .doncha think? Starting with this.
- Laughed out loud at Wallace's holiday letter, even though I don't know if he meant to be funny; he is a lucky man to have the privilege to be married to my lovely friend.
- Next Monday is the big day that we will likely discover whether the young one will be able to attend the school that's at the top of my list.
- I have exactly 13.5 weeks to finish up a yearbook. We will start working on Saturdays.
- King Cake season begins today. I have a bad "uhn-vee" (not sure of the spelling -- it's a bit of Cajun & roughly means "craving" where I come from) for a bit of one.
06 January 2010