15 June 2011

a june reading / viewing / listening list

Just some things I've come across lately that I think some of you might enjoy, too:

---------------------------------------------
I am counting down the days until our little vaca to the South. Check out his piece on Napoli, too . . .
From the NY Times Frugal Traveler blog: "In Apulia, Vacationing Like an Italian"

Robyn sums up the crisis of America's food supply so nicely in a 20 minute TED talk . . .
TEDxAustin:  Robyn O'Brien, "Real Food" Evangelist

I have thought on this subject a lot lately as I watch kids from my school graduate and transition . . .
From The New Yorker: "Live and Learn: Why We Have College"

I first read about this a few years ago. "Made in Italy" has a meaning beyond what you expect . . .
From NPR: "'Fast Fashion' Italians Wary of Chinese on Their Turf"

Just a nice graphic. . . .
From Charming Italy: "Fifty Types of Types of Italian Coffee: Espresso, Cappuccino, and Many More" (infographic)

A photographer recreates photos from the past. Check out her website too . . .
From NPR: "Behind the Scenes and 'Back to the Future' with Photographer Irina Werning"

I always love this good news on the benefits of being bilingual . . .
From The New York Times: "The Bilingual Advantage"


---------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. Thanks - I´ll go through them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you spend about as much time surfing around the internet as I do :-P Do you find it distracting sometimes? Or are you pretty good at limiting yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley,
    It is a bit distracting for me at times; however, six of those seven things came to me (through Google Reader and/or Facebook) rather than me searching for them. I LOVE having content delivered to me and rarely go out seeking it these days.
    Dana
    PS. I am not good at limiting myself, but I am working on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a coffee while you're in Puglia. I'd love to meet a fellow Italy blogger! :-)

    ReplyDelete