18 November 2011

conversations with young one

"Mom, you know my religion teacher is just wrong. He is supposed to be the best because he teaches religion. He yells the most, is the meanest, and he even uses funny words in the prayers. That's not good for God, you know."

Well, hello, Little Miss Morality. Nice to meet you.

........................

Ironically, the nun, who is her main teacher, is not her religion teacher at school; a young man (whose exact religious title eludes me) serves as her religion teacher at school.

And for even more irony, I just dropped her off for yet another hour of religious instruction for catecismo in the paese, which is taught by a couple of moms who are likely the least pious of the bunch, even if they are the nicest. That's good for God, I suppose.

........................

I know you don't believe me when I tell you that we are not very religious people. Do you?
Spiritual, maybe. Religious, no.

With that said, I do love that my girl was excited to tell me the stories of two different saints this week, stories she learned from the meanest teacher ... you know, the one not good for God.

........................

I <heart> irony.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I were talking very loudly last night though not yelling and our 4 year old told us God didn't like the way we were talking. Out of the mouth of babes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with mean religione teachers?

    ReplyDelete