04 May 2012

where i live: doors


I've had a busy couple of weeks (and an absent, traveling spouse), so most of these images are pulled from my files and not exactly current. Although, the idea of currency is relative in this country, isn't it? Considering the house next door is three hundred years old, pictures from last summer seem quite current, don't they.  I did take note of many of the doors in the paese and concluded there this is much more variety than there is similarity... except for my big red door, which has an identical twin right next door. That's what duplex living is all about folks, even in the Bel Paese. I wonder what those big red doors will be in three hundred years?

........................

I'm participating in the lovely Francesca's "where i live" series. Click on over to see doors from another part of this country we call home.

6 comments:

  1. When I think of Italy, I don't really think of doors. Greece or Ireland, but not Italy. Though Italy has beautiful shutters and ironwork. Hope your husband comes home soon. Have a great weekend. Oh, the boys are in school here except for Roman. He is in a daycare because the city we are living in abolished mandatory preschool. We went to several preschools, but they were all full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...guess i'll have to get to Greece! The doors in the paese are not exactly inspiring. The variety, though, is pretty amazing :)
      What a beautiful thing that the boys are enrolled in German school for a month! Can they just slip right in without lots of transition issues? Are the teachers welcoming of this?
      D

      Delete
  2. I love the personality of each door. I hope your DH will be home soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Single parenting is not for me.

      Delete
  3. haha, I like your comment about what's current!
    my absent traveling spouse is "currently" somewhere out in the bush in Australia, unreachable, and i'm beginning to have enough of this. last night, they played on the radio (RDS) "you're so far away" by dire straits, which I hadn't listened to in years and years, and at that moment it seemed the exact soundtrack for my life.
    sorry for the rambling here - hard rains that last over a month will do that to my mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies needed.... hoping for some sunshine for you today!

      Delete