13 June 2013

Summer Reading List

Bobcat and Other Stories by Rebecca Lee
I can't remember the last time I read a collection of short stories.

One and Only: The Freedom of Having an Only Child and the Joy of Being One by Lauren Sandler
Oh, yes! Oh, yes! Oh, yes!

All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren
I should have read this ages ago.

The Wings of the Sphinx by Andrea Camilleri
This is on the suggestion of a friend. This is not my genre.

The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
This is on the suggestion of another friend. Camelleri and Giordano are Italian authors. I, of course, plan to read the English translations.

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris
I plan to download the audio file of Sedaris reading his essays, compliments of my local library.

Matilda by Roald Dahl (Read aloud with Young One)
We have tickets in NYC in July!!!



{Completely Unrelated Photo from Instagram}


A bit ambitious, no doubt.

Well, I likely won't get to all of this, but I will log some serious hours in planes, trains, and automobiles this summer. Preparation and flexibility are the keys to successful travel. Years of experience and that's all I've got to offer in terms of travel advice: Be prepared to be flexible. And drink lots of water.

I love that I can access digital content from my library from just about anywhere and that I can have lots of titles in one place with my iPad, which has quickly become essential to successful traveling for our family.

How is your summer list shaping up?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good list. I have the new Dan Brown book on my list along with And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini om my list. Summer is going by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I should add those to my list as well. I never have enough time!

      Delete