01 May 2015

present participle | april 2015

I'm jumping on the monthly "present participle list" bandwagon this year, partly because I'm excited that there are people who can identify present participles and partly because I'm hoping it will end this blogging break I seem to have permanently taken. 

This is what we've been up to in April 2015:

DOWNLOADING new-to-me podcasts. I go through phases and stages with podcasts, and right now I am hot on them. A new-to-me one this month that I am thoroughly enjoying is Radio Lab. (Thanks, Lucia!) Have you listened in yet? The most recent one I listened to had me sobbing while out on my walk, but they aren't all so emotional. They do, however, make me think. I like that.

LISTENING to this classic album: Ella and Satchmo. I mean, really, do I ever need anything else if I have this? 

REVELING in the turntable (that's been sitting in the garage) that is now set up in our living room. We are loving the vinyl, baby! Vinyl, as in records.  Did you know that it is possible to buy newly-pressed records? Well, it is. Richard is quickly developing a (habit) collection.

IMBIDING. The cocktail du jour for sipping while we spin the vinyl: the Negroni. Another thing new to us, inspired by Instagramming peeps in Rome. Simple & strong.

TRAVELING to another European capital: Zagreb. We went because we were curious and because we all had time off simultaneously. We especially enjoyed the chance to stay at this lovely hotel and the opportunity to just take a break.

WALKING daily again. Spring in these parts is pretty good at inspiring that. 

CULTIVATING our small patch of this earth. The veggie "crop" (Ha! tomatoes, zucchini & herbs)  is in the ground and the potted flowers on our patio are many. I do enjoy this activity that has become our ritual to welcome the summer.

CRUISING with the scooters. We are certainly fair weather scooter riders, and it's finally (sort of) warm enough to put the scooters on the road again. I am still having fun with the VicenzaViaVespa Instagram account, though I'm not posting as frequently as I'd like. We went on what Young One deemed "an epic ride" and headed over to the Colli Euganei  recently. Again, Veneto is just lovely, folks.

ANTICIPATING the cherries and peas. It's is just about that time. Also looking forward to the arrival of my mother in 10 days. She will be with us for an entire month!









2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit with your mom! I bet miss his excited too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete