Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon
- This recipe takes the better part of a day to prepare. It requires putting things in an out of the oven multiple times and also requires several pots to create: braise the onions, sautee the mushrooms . . . la, la, la. It is not for the weak.
- Those are the best mushrooms I have ever tasted; don't crowd the mushrooms & use butter -- Julia knows best.
- It requires nearly a bottle of wine.
- I don't like beef stew. This dish, however, is now at the top of my list of favorites. We ate it for three days straight. I stuck to rice while Richard changed to pasta -- ugghhh. . . he can't help himself, well, and neither can I.
- I made my first herb bouquet with cheesecloth. Go, Me!
- My Young One watched the movie with us, so she knows the dish -- calls it "Boeuf Boogie Meal."
- I lost interest in the photography about half-way into the day.
- Richard and I had a great time together in the kitchen. That's a first in a very long time: fun in the kitchen . . . together. I am hoping for more visits from Julia in the weeks to come. Richard is talking of ducks while I am hoping to keep it simple with chicken. We watched an episode of The French Chef this morning and will likely try to prepare her stuffed mushrooms and green beans tomorrow.
- I am now really ready for a road trip to France in April.
- I received a copy of Julia Powell's book for my birthday & am off right this very minute to get it started.