11 December 2014

making merry



That night we served Thai...umm, they loved it. While we weren't able to pull together a meal (the shame!) we did have the stage ready for the kiddos, and they did not disappoint us: one sax solo, one trumpet solo, one sax and trumpet duet, one kid well-rehearsed with two piano pieces, one with one not-so-well rehearsed piece, and three vocal performances, to include one with original lyrics. Oh, and, one very talented guitar player pulling it all together.

It's about the people, you know.
Of course you know! What was I thinking?

When do you think these children will outgrow this little tradition, the one where they are forced willingly provide entertainment for the parents and distinguished guests (bald guy on the couch) at the annual Christmas party? The oldest of the bunch is fourteen.

------------
Lyrics... created by our exceptional children from Lake Wobegon

I broke a bat on Mark's head,
Somebody snitched on me.
I put a snake in Debra's bed,
Somebody snitched on me.
I broke the screen on Connor's phone,
Spoke to Mom "in that tone,"
Tried to steal Baccio's bone.
Somebody snitched on me.

I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas.....

I broke the spoke on Adam's bike,
Somebody snitched on me.
Cheryl fed me, I said "No like!"
Somebody snitched on me.
I broke the reed on Lucas' sax,
Stole the candy, blamed it on Max,
Somebody snitched on me.

I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas
Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad.




2 comments:

  1. Dana, This is wonderful. All of it, the music, the kids and adults working together, that you got take out Thai food. Bravo mama. I think they will continue this for a long time. And when they are parents I'll bet their children will be encouraged to do the same.

    ReplyDelete